Friday, December 10, 2004

Money making ideas in hindsight

From the 12.12 issue of Wired: The End of TV as We Know It

I've been toying around with the thought of TV over IP for years. No doubt I'm not the only one as evidenced by the fact that software has already been developed. But still I must wonder if I the things I think about sometimes are on the cutting edge of innovation, or a day late and a dollar short.

Well, definitely a dollar short. Plus I'm not much of a salesman and have little incentive (and a healthy fear of risk) to spend my days developing these ideas and marketing them to large companies. I need a wealthy patron and a good salesman by my side.

At any rate, I always felt that the cable companies were wasting an incredibly large pipe by fat-casting everything they have. A more individualized approach definitely makes more sense if you ask me.

No comments: